Week of December 8

Monday Notes:  It was so great to be back in 306 today!  We began reader’s workshop by creating signs about 16 Years in 16 Seconds.  Then we worked on our literature post-its.  I met with the Indian School group. We wrote about Lucy, the main character.  Ms. Montgomery came in and recorded for our next podcast.  The first graders gave us a concert with their violins in the afternoon.  They were fantastic, after only 8 weeks of practice.  Mrs. McGauley talked to us at Second Steps about making good choices. We ended the day with our power groups.  I almost forgot to pass out the red folders at the end of the day! 🙂

Tuesday Notes:  We read a fable about a lion and mouse this morning.  Then we read a great book about Jim Thorpe, called Bright Path.  We made a lot of connections with the book about Thomas Blue Eagle.  We worked on our literature logs and then had a rainy indoor recess.  We visited our book buddies and then we had math.  We ended the day with another rehearsal.  A Froggy Day is going to be a great show!

Thursday Notes:  The Stone Fox group met today and had a fantastic literature chat.  In the afternoon, we performed FROGGY DAY IN LINDON TOWN.  Our musical was a huge hit.  After our show, we learned about SOUND by watching a science video in Mrs. Streib’s class.  We ended our day with power groups.  We’re working hard in 306! 

3 thoughts on “Week of December 8

1. when I listened to the podcast it was fun listening to the podcast made me want to listen to it again its fun to listen to every bodys voice it was loud and clear so keep up the hope 306